Sunday, December 21, 2008

And here's the Cinnamon Bear

When I was a kid my Dad worked at the radio station, KBYU to be exact. Every night my mom would turn on the radio and we would listen to my Dad as he announced pieces and spoke to the general public on the radio.
At Christmas the radio station would play a clip of The Cinnamon Bear each night. What's the Cinnamon Bear? It's a radio drama from 1937. I have fond memories of listening to it on the radio each year counting down the days to Christmas. We knew exactly what time it would be coming on so we'd be sure to be in our jammies and we'd go cuddle up on the couch and watch the glow of the Christmas tree while we listened.
This year I found it on YouTube, so you can hear it too! Here it is, all in order:



























4 comments:

Brenda said...

Nothing like good memories. We hope you have a Merry Christmas too!

Kristen said...

I'm so sad that I forgot to listen to it this year! oh well. I guess there's always next year.

Charlotte said...

Oh my gosh Rose! I'm so glad you found that online! Awesome!! I was thinking that I really needed to listen to that this year...but I thought of it way too late. But now I know it's online so I can listen to it online next year...just in case I can't find my cds! :)

Rebecca said...

That's so much fun! What a great Christmas memory!