Friday, May 20, 2011

Funeral

The night of Chase's birthday party we received a call from my Dad. He had gotten a call right before the last session of General Conference- his Mother, my Grandma, was not doing well. He stayed in Salt Lake and went to the care center to visit her. My mom was at our house for Chase's party but was going to head up right after presents to go be with my Dad. Right around the time we were finishing up the party we got another call from my Dad that she was gone. It happened so quickly, but she had been suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia for several years so it wasn't a huge shock to us.

The funeral was the following Friday, a cold, cloudy, snowy day. It really was an amazing experience to be there with all of my Dad's family. I completely agree with what my sister stated on her blog, "The words spoken and the beautiful music performed during the funeral really made us all rejoice in Grandma's life and in her posterity." It really made me appreciate what an amazing woman my Grandmother was.

I grabbed some pictures from the family luncheon from my sister's blog:





My two sister who live in Ohio were able to come out for the funeral and for the first time in a long time all six sisters were able to be together!
Four of us have had babies in the last year and a half or so, and it was so much fun seeing all the cousins together.

It was a weekend full of tears, but also a wonderful opportunity to be with so many of our loved family members.

No comments: