Monday, January 4, 2010

Olympic Park

Towards the beginning of December we got away from the craziness of work/school/preparing for the holidays, and took a little trip to Park City.



We lucked out and were there the exact weekend of the pre-olympic ski jumping competition at the Utah Olympic Park.




It was amazing to be SO close to the ski jumpers!































The kids had lots of fun playing in the snow at the park.

















Did I mention we were SO close?!







Viewing the competition from one of the upstairs decks,


do you see the ski jumper on the hill next to us?







As we were leaving we saw this snow cat:




The driver saw the kids looking at it and let them go inside and check it out.


He said it was the only one of its kind in all of North America!





It was an amazing experience, and I'm glad we were able to go!


2 comments:

Malinovka said...

WOW--that is so awesome! I can't believe I've never seen any of that stuff since the Olympics there was when I was on my mission. What a fun thing to do as a family!

J+S said...

I love the Olympic Park! Have you been in the summer to see The Flying Aces? If not, I bet your kids would like that too.