Friday, June 13, 2008

Birthday at the Bees Baseball Game

When I was a kid my birthday always seemed magical. Nothing could go wrong on that day, and I could do anything I wanted! (That shows you what a great memory I have.) Too bad grown-up birthdays aren't quite the same. It's not as fun growing a year older as it was as a kid! But today was still a fun day. I got breakfast in bed! And we opened presents right after because the kids couldn't wait any longer.

Tonight we went here:




to a Salt Lake Bees game, it was Derek's office's summer party. We had dinner there and then got to hang out and watch the game. The weather was perfect, it is finally getting warm (and yes, I'll miss this cooler weather in another month but right now I'm ready for it to be summer).

Derek kept hinting that my birthday was somehow going to be announced at the game so when he finally relented to the kids' constant whining for ice cream I heard my name over the loud speaker. There, on the scoreboard, was "Happy Birthday Rosie Borsky, Love, Derek, Ethan, and Julia". How fun! Too bad Derek and the kids missed it! I wish I had been quick enough to get a picture of it, but these will have to suffice.




They serve ice cream in this little plastic baseball cap, isn't it cute?!

1 comment:

Malinovka said...

That is SOOOOOooooo sweet, having Derek put a birthday sentiment on the scoreboard at the game!!! Whatta guy. I bet that was so fun. It looks like you all had a great time. We need to venture out and take Mierae to a baseball or soccer game soon. I'm glad you had a good birthday! I'm so sorry we didn't even call you, but we really were thinking of you and love you lots!!!