Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring is in the air!

The snow has melted.
The winds are not as bitter, and the sun is back!
We are so excited that Spring is here!!

This weekend we went on a family bike ride. I haven't ridden a bike in several years-- I didn't have one that worked until now. It was wonderful! The wind blowing in my hair and the sun in my face, it was so freeing!

Since is was our first ride of the season we kept it reasonably short and went around 4 miles. The kids did great, though we need to get a bigger bike for Ethan.

Hooray for Spring!!!

4 comments:

Christa said...

I really would like a bike for myself, but having a bike for myself would mean that we would have to get one of those tote things to haul Peyton around it. I don't want to have to do that much work. ☺

Staci said...

aww what a great pic!!

Happy Wanderers said...

Oh, I miss riding bikes! It looks so strange there without any snow! :)

The Romney Family said...

AMEN!!! The weather is beautiful now, and I am FINALLY starting to go on walks with Kate. It is amazing how much more I appreciate being outside now than I used to, with Kate having been born in early December and me being all paranoid about taking a newborn out with even the slightest chill. I love spring!