Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dusting off the sewing machine

For the last several weeks I've been trying to get around to making a couple of slings for a double baby shower that's coming up for two of my cousins, Ashley and Amy.

Ashley had her baby early so I decided I needed to hurry up and get hers finished right away. So this is what I did most of the day on Friday:




I love doing a ribbon accent on the slings I make, I think it makes them look a lot more interesting and a little like an expensive Oopa. This one is also made to mimic a sakura bloom though-- it is a linen blend and has the same shoulder style (a gathered shoulder). I haven't made one in quite a while but luckily they're not too hard. For the shoulder style I used you can find instructions here.

1 comment:

Christensen's said...

I need to be a better homemaker! I tried making myself a "hooter hider" I don't know if you've heard of them. They cover you while you breastfeed. Anyway...it was a disaster and I ended up buying one.